Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Breaking up is hard to do....

One of my new gal-pals at work is going through a break up with her boyfriend this week so I put together a quick lil' Breakup Survival Kit. It was easy, and took no time at all.

I began with a bottle of soothing lavender mineral bubble bath, added a People Magazine for some mindless reading and topped it all of with a ginormous chocolate candy bar. (excuse the blurry shot..it was the only picture I took of the candy bar wrapper...)
I removed the outer candy wrapper and replaced it with some cute scrapbook paper, made a gift tag for the box and added a card (I coincidentally had a Susan Branch Break up card in my card file stash...can you believe they make such things? Too sweet!)
Anyway, she was quite touched and even stopped by my desk at the day's end to tell me that she was anxious to get home to take that bubble bath....and that made my day.

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift for your friend. A bubble bath and chocolate... what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful thing to do for your friend! I'm sure that your gift was the best thing that happened to her in her entire day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a dear...thanks for sharing the idea too...it's a good one to remember for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to help your friend during a rough time. How very, very kind of you!


    Kathryn in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so Unique in such a Special way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Lori G! You are so thoughtful! What an awesome way of showing your friend you care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was very thoughtful of you to put together the survival kit for your colleague at work. I'm sure she really enjoyed it and it helped her feel better.
    have a lovely day
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky and blessed is she to have you for a friend!!!
    That was the sweetest thing you did for her. She will never forget that .
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea and you are a sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...