Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A few well chosen words.

When you're entertaining, it's the littlest details that make things memorable. One of my favorite never-fail little details is so easy that I thought I'd share it here today.
 Whenever I am entertaining (or giving a gift, for that matter...) I google quotations for the event, or the person. For this past event I googled up love and engagement quotations. I found several that I liked, so I copied them in a simple font (courier) and printed them on a checkered background from my cheesy lil' print program.
I then cut them to fit in some of my simple black frames and added them to the buffet table...
It adds a bit of interest as well as color to the table, don't you think? It works just as well on gift tags, so remember this next time you are hosting a party or  wrapping a package!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, what a terrific idea! Love the quotes you show today - and the idea too!
    Jane-Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet its a real conversation piece on your buffet Tracey. Great idea, I'll tuck this one in what brain I have left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea. I will have to remember to do that!!

    Thanks, Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a stash of quotes that I've been adding to since I was a teenager.....I love the idea of printing them out on some nice paper and framing them! Great Idea!

    Christa
    Chloe Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year we hosted a family reunion and I added quotes on tags tied to the bouquets of garden posies that were arranged in canning jars.
    Even if no one else noticed, I felt good about them. They expressed my deep love of family and togetherness.

    As always, loved this post.
    Thanks again for all the traffic you send my way.
    I appreciate you, Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tip, Tracey! I love the idea and tags or place settings would be great using those little decorative frames in the Michaels dollar bins. I don't know why I never think to print on scrapbook paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing!

    XoXo,
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracey, I just love this idea! I've seen you do it before and I think it is just genius! Now if I could just remember it when I need it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...