Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Catching up.

Well. 

It's been another long stretch without a post. I know. Try as I may, life has been ca-razy busy, and, well...

Let's catch up, shall we?

Far too much has been going on to cover it all in one lil' blog post, so I'll just cover a couple of the highest points.

Let's see. Where do I start?

Work has been busy, with me prepping for a project I have been working on, which included quite a few evenings at home tweaking handouts, and creating props. (And you know how I love a project like that!)

We got the Sewing Queen all semi-settled in up here and she is in the middle of unpacking moving boxes and trying to find some of her sewing accessories as I type this. We are thrilled to have her here!

Then, I spent this past weekend with my two daughters, celebrating a milestone birthday for Carter and Coen's Mama. (How can she be 30 when I am only 42?!) We had a fabulous Girl's Weekend, complete with an overnight trip to the Allison Resort and Spa for some much appreciated foofifying and relaxing, laughing our heads off, as well as a marathon shopping expedition, and eating way too much.
On the home remodel front, our projects are getting buttoned down and things are looking aaaaah-mazing

Let me interupt myself here to say that my Rock n' Roll Buddy deserves a shout out here. He has been the driving force behind making this fabulous make over happen in record time, not to mention being the ultimate egg-McMuffin of bargain shopping, swinging some of the most eye popping price deals I have ever seen. Now, this is extra hard to picture if you know him, as the house has been in the exact same state as when he first moved in, back in the 80's. (We are not talking about a guy that typically embraces change here, people.)It's truly been a fun time and we are both pretty thrilled with the outcome.

Now, back to my post...

I have been waiting to share pictures because the plantation shutters took three weeks to be made. Since we were having them installed in every room,(pinch me!!!) there was no way to really capture any room without it looking undone due to a window without anything on it. (Unless you count the sheet we swagged across the living room window to shield us from the sun while we watched the Superbowl.)

Anyway.

The exciting installation was yesterday, and so I am gearing up to share our grand reveal. (Doesn't that sound dramatic? Trust me, the change is incredible and we both keep saying how it feels like we live in a brand new house.)

Here's a lil' peek at the installation process in the family room. The sliding doors got "Slide-By" shutters and my-oh-my! I adore them! The look of plantation shutters with the ease of sliding them open to go in and out the door, or let cool air in in the summer time!......
We're down to the accessorizing stage now, and I must say, that is my most favorite part of decorating. You know, adding touches that reflect our personalities really warms up a room. I can't wait to show you everything...room..by room..by room!

9 comments:

  1. Waiting, patiently I might add, for a complete and total update-welcome back to blog land-lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how you handle the shutters on the slider doors. I have them off the kitchen and I hate mine. I've been saying I would like shutters to add warmth in the winter and shade for the summer. I have antique shutters in the front rooms of the house....but can't figure out how to do it so it's not a pain letting the dog in and out.

    That breakfast sure looks tasty!!!

    Welcome back! How did your mother's move go? I can't wait to hear how she likes her new home sweet home.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the big reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Ya know, I didn't even think about there being shutters for sliding doors! How cool is that?!? Can't wait to see more, Tracey. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shutters and I can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait Tracey. Bring on those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Love the new look!

    Kathryn in MI

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is extra hard to picture if you know him, as the house has been in the exact same state as when he first moved in, back in the 80's.As a business consultant melbourne, I appreciate your post...!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...