Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Loo.

I know. It's a rather unusual spot to begin the re-no tour, but I've got to start somewhere and this guest bath is currently one of my favorite lil' places in the house.

It went from being a generic 1980's guest bath....

.....to being much more of a charming little space, don't you think?




This was the only room in the house that we painted a color instead of the creamy shade of off-white that we did in the rest of the house. I will readily admit that the color I chose didn't come out exactly as I imagined. I was shooting for a warm-ish putty tone, but with the bathroom being in the center of the house with no windows for natural light, it gives off a hint of a lavender undertone when the halogen light in the toilet-tub area is turned on, rather than the heat lamp. I think I'll live with the color for a few weeks and then decide whether it will stay or get a second coat of something else. (Aaah, the beauty of paint. So affordable to change and try out...)


The old mirror was a large sheet mirror that had seen better days, so we replaced it with a fabulous mirror that Ralph already had here at the house. It compliments the new brushed nickel light fixture we snagged on clearance at good ol' Home Depot....

A few little details here and there and a spash of white with the towels and shower curtain (I just love Target for bath things, don't you?) 



I'm still on the lookout for something adorable to hang above the towel bar, but for now I printed a quote I like and framed it in an old frame I had so the space wouldn't look too bare...

I've got a few more ideas up my sleeve for this bathroom,(Brushed nickel drawer pulls and knobs, and a pom-pom rug I saw and didn't buy last trip...) but I think we're off to a pretty good start...updates will be coming as the room evolves!


18 comments:

  1. What a difference some attention makes. Your co-ordination brings out the fact that someone cartes rather than just being a necessary room. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done, Tracey! My favorites are the mirror, the tiered stand and the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! It's amazing what a big difference accessories & new paint can make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I love love love what you transformed here. Questions: where did you get that darling little plant? I NEED that framed saying do you think you could post it for us to print off? You always amaze me with your good taste!Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little plant is really old...like at least 7 or 8 years old. I got it at a local boutique in Reno when I lived there....
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I especially love the 3-tier towel/soap stand :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh...love the redo, major improvement. Thanks for sharing with us...love the tiered stand...a spiffy way to add a lot of charm using only a small amount of space. And I love the white towels, the wicker basket and rabbit on the floor. Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to see the shaving items in the stand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bye Bye builder grade loo. Love it Tracey! What an improvement, much more sophisticated and welcoming for guests. I have this same room, I made all the changes you have made and have purchased the brushed nickle pulls and knobs you mentioned but haven't installed them yet as I'm debating whether to paint the cabinet black or white or leave it as is. Your personal touches make this room stand out. Thanks for sharing. Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it amazing what a few little changes can do to change the look of a room? I love everything that you both have done to this room, it really makes a positive difference. I love getting up every morning and reading your blog with my morning coffee....can't wait to see the rest of the house! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!!!! You can come do my bathroom next;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I can't quite picture you living in a time machine. You had to be chomping at the bit to whip out that paint brush. The changes look great. It's amazing how a few changes make such an impact. I have to say I was surprised by the color choice. Don't get me wrong it looks very nice I was just expecting your signature Robin's egg blue. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the update! Thanks for sharing!

    Kathryn from MI

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just have to say I am about fit to burst with excitement at the home tour! This is the coolest thing ever! I am so happy for you and also for your new man in working this all out together. SO cool.

    Oh yes, and I'm very glad you're not having a life-threatening emergency, either. Ha. I've just been excited to see what you come up with! :-) I just know it's going to be worth worth worth it! :-)

    xoxo,

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously, Tracy I LOVE your taste. I remember going insane over a laundry room of yours a few years ago.

    BUT

    A fluffy toilet seat cover ???? Your new man must love you VERY much : )

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL!!!
    Okay Jane...I have to agree with you on the fluffy toilet seat cover!!! Here is what I forgot to share in the post....Ralph had a purple fluffy cover (as shown in the BEFORE pics...) and he also has those soft seat kind of toilet seats. Now, I am actually not a fan of either of those items, but....sharing your home with someone else is about compromise, so.... there you have it.
    Thanks for noticing that it didn't look like "me"!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...