Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I know it's only rock n' roll, but I like it.

I am thankful for...
my Rock n' Roll Buddy.

If anyone had told me five years ago that I'd love going for rides on the back of a Harley, (including one spur of the moment ride at nearly midnight) that I'd actually look forward to Sunday Football, (even if the Seahawks are borderline pathetic this season...) or that many Friday and Saturday nights I would utter the words to a new acquaintance, "I'm here with the Band" I would have done a double eye roll...as soon as I finished laughing.

Watching Monday Night Football, and hearing the announcer repeat, verbatim, what my Buddy just said on the sofa always make me laugh, (seriously, it's like there's a three second delay and the guy has an ear phone to repeat what he said...) listening to old reel-to-reels of  Rock n' Roll from his earlier band days, or snuggling up in a blanket enjoying a really late-night (early morning?) private one-man-guitar concert,(complete with moments of Name-That-Tune from him and some song requests from me...) are all things I would never have pictured myself doing...(actually, having a blast)...but I do, and that is what is so great about life. Change isn't necessarily a bad thing. Different can be better.

Finding someone who is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get person is very different for me, and I mean that in the best way. (Trust me, after spending three decades with a guy who's motto was "You are what you drive." this is so refreshing, and welcomed.)

I consider one of my all time favorite dates the time we stopped at the grocery and got frosted animal cookies, milk and two paper cups to share in the car on the way to a Brew Pub to watch the vikings lose play and share some two-for-a-buck tacos. (I can't tell you how much fun that was...and that's definitely something you would never have seen me doing in my old life.)

Mmmm hmmm,  I'd have to say that I am very thankful for my Ralph, and for a second chance at sharing my heart.

24 comments:

  1. Good to hear happy post. Enjoy your life every day! I just returned from visiting a friend, younger than me, in a nursing home due to a medical complication. We all need to take more midnight rides!

    I don't post often, but I read and enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post, Tracey, makes me smile and smile....YOU GO GIRL!!!! Let the wind blow back your hair!!!

    BTW....Rock and Roll is not JUST Rock and Roll. It's the kinda music that will soothe your soul. These are the glory days, my dear. So, strap your hands across those engines because Tracey you were born to rock and roll!!!

    Enjoy!
    Onward!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post AND the comments that followed. You people sure have a way with words! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey,
    Your post made me smile! I love reading your blog about your life and family and you sure do have a way with expressing what you want to say that makes me feel like I know you personally. I am so happy for you and Mr. Rock & Roll. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky lady you are. I've been a widow for five years and whgo knows? Maybe someday I'll get my second chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you are describing... it's called Love!
    Happy, happy, happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smiling along with everyone else! What more can I say?♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, Tracey! It's important, I think, for us to always keep our hearts and minds open to new things. Sometimes we can surprise ourselves and, maybe, actually, like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, Tracey! Grab on to your second chance with both hands and enjoy! Change is sometimes scary but so needed and refreshing too! Jana in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been Married to my second chance for 12 years now. We lived together for a year so I could see if he really was for real and he was. Love that you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are really happy and that makes me happy. You deserve it!

    You should post a clip of him playing/singing so we can all hear how wonderful he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is SO good to hear you sound so happy, enjoying life, and "being real"! I think we all really appreciate second chances--sometimes more than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU GO GIRL!!!! Am so happy that you have a second chance at love!!! Not every one gets one of those!
    Hugs,
    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a hubby who has exactly the same touch: for baseball and football! He says something to me and then the announcer says it just a minute later. It's amazing. I can hardly believe that someone else has that same gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to read this post! You deserve this so much, and it is so wonderful! I have to admit, I got a little choked up. YAY FOR YOU!!!!

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tracey I'd say you are definitely " in love"! So happy for you, and I think this different is better! Makes you realize what's really important in life, it's people not "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am beyond thrilled for you girl - you so deserve this and I'm guessing since you talk so sweetly about him, that he definitely deserves you!!! (and FYI - you're so right about a motorcycle ride on the spur of the moment :)) - Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your whole family :)
    Judi in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just want to add my congratulations. Living for real is so much better than living for other people's idea of what you should be :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just love this post, Tracey. And, I am thankful you are so happy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. simple pleasures .. can't beat 'em. :o)
    this post is prompting me to recall
    some sweet and simplistic things that
    rocky and i used to do .. need to
    bring those back to our present day
    reality. so, thank you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm very happy for you too. How sad to think a house, car or other material things shows who we are. You've arrived :)!!!
    Best,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. You learn so much the first time around, especially when it falls apart... I think the second chance is the one we are able to get right... :0) Happiest of Holidays to you !!!

    Cheers,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tracey, you sound so very happy! Enjoy your Ralph!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so happy for you...you sound very happy, and your man a very refreshing change for you. Makes me feel good to know men like that are out there ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...