Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oh, how thankful I am.

I was going to start of by saying that I feel like it's been a week since I sat down here to write, and then I realized it has been a week.

Forget that it has been a week, how the heck did it get to be November already? I mean, is it just me, or does it seem like we were just all looking forward to July barbeques and working on our tans about six days ago? The only thing that doesn't seem to be changing and flying by (at least not in a good way) is this tough economy of ours. Times are still scary,with more people out of work or under-employed, and everyone seems to be fighting a battle of some sort. Struggles with job searches, keeping afloat financially, and stressful every day life situations seem to be a common thread whether I am looking at the news, or talking with a close friend. It's all so distressing.

One of my very favorite quotes is this one:

Trust me here, I know that it's not always easy to keep your chin up. God knows I have thrown my share of pretty fantastic pity parties, but we've all got to remember that it's a bad day,or week, or little stretch in time, not a bad life. Trials do pass, and things get do get better, truly they do. (I know this firsthand.)

Even when things may look bad, or seem hopeless, there is always hope, and there are so many things we take for granted. We often times miss the little blessings in every day life. The things people in some other countries can only imagine. Little things like snickers bars, faithful pets, deep red toenail polish, and even the simple freedom to have a ten minute pity party now and then.

Inspired by Sarah, I decided to join in with an month long project I saw here. (And she saw it here.) I realize that I am coming to the party a bit more than a week late (Hmmm, are we seeing a pattern here?) but better late than never as they say, right? 

Anyway.

The idea is to share one thing each and every day in November that I am thankful for. (This should also ensure that you'll be seeing a post from me each day for the rest of the month!) I am going to share eight of my little blessings here today so that I can feel caught up....

1. This is easy. I am very thankful for you. For each one of you that continues to check in with me here and see if I've posted. I sincerely thank you for your friendship.

2. I am forever thankful for unlimited minutes on my cell phone. (This kinda goes back to being thankful for friendship...)

3. I am thankful for flannel sheets and feather pillows. It is like sleeping on a cloud, after a long day.

4. I am thankful for the little people in my life that squeal when I knock on the door, and say "I wuv you!"

5. I am thankful for having a job. Especially because it is one that I really enjoy. (That two year stint at the bank after a layoff was like one long root canal for me....no offense to those of you in banking. Let's just say it wasn't my cuppa tea.)

6. I'm thankful for getting that one extra hour of sleep last Sunday, thanks to falling back with Daylight Savings time. (See number 3 above...)

7.Seat heaters in my sweet lil' Bug. It sure makes cold mornings ever so much nicer.

........and today, I am thankful for living in such a fabulous and beautiful part of the country where I can do so many fun things out and about, rain or shine.

How about you? What are you thankful for? (If you'd like to join in the fun, go to Connie's blog for all the details...here!)

5 comments:

  1. Tracey I'm so with you in wondering how it can be November already! Life is racing by. And I'm thankful everyday just to be.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. November really did sneak up on us! I also swear it was just Summer. I love your thankful list. I love the seat heaters in my car too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy November, Tracey! Thank you for the reminder that we all have things in our lives to be thankful for-so many times the negative rears its ugly head so far above the terrific, we lose focus. (And yes, it was just July-lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know times are difficult to say the least. I think due to the stressful situation of the world it actually brings my attention to the fact I have so much to be thankful for! Today's big Thanks is it was about 69 and sunny here in NE Ohio!!!! Nov 8 and this kind of weather? Unheard of. Believe me we've all been doing the happy dance. OK Thursday it's going to be 47 but today we danced :) I'm also thankful that you've kept your chin up the best you could through all the ups and downs in life and posting the whole time. I'm not sure you realize how much hope you offer just by your example.

    Best,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living in a America,still the shinning country on the Hill!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...