Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Creating a better world with cookies and milk.

**Before I begin, let me say that my photos came out really poorly due to the lighting in my office....**

Christmas decorating isn't only reserved for your home, you know.

We are having so much fun at work this week! We're decking the halls...er....the main lobby areas on two floors, along with the reception area...for Christmas! To kick off the festivities on Monday afternoon we had Christmas music playing, and I decided to offer up a lil' buffet of milk and cookies.
I began by emailing everyone on my floor (we have three entire floors of employees..) the following quote:
(in case you can't read it in the photo: Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon...Robert Fulgum) and I invited them to help create a better world by stopping by the reception area for a treat.
I served the milk in old wine carafes I got a long time ago at a thrift store, tied with little gingham ribbons and placed in a bucket of ice....
The cookies were a nice combination of homemade (by me and a friend at work) and my good pal, Trader Joe. (I adore his dark chocolate star cookies!)
I am decorating the entire reception area (more pics in a post to follow later...)in traditional red, white...and non-traditional grey tones.....
A five dollar scarf from WalMart makes a fabulous winter-time runner, a jingle bell from a place setting a few years ago (remember it here? Wow. Was it really 2007?!Feels like it was last year...)
....and dollar mittens complete the look.(Oh! And, aren't you lovin' my stocking cap birdies from Camas Antiques?)
So, how's your work space looking this Christmas season? What do you do to add some cheer? I'd love to hear!


15 comments:

  1. Was told today that we could not put up a tree, it would be in the way of the walkway. Now that's some good ol' fashioned Christmas spirit for ya! I'm trying to not let it ruin mine. I will just have to decorate that much more at home, I guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...Jody, I'd say you might have a Grinch on your hands!...maybe spread the Christmas love with some smaller decorations? Say, a garland, or a Peace on Earth Banner??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, you have the best ideas. I wish you worked where I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Mary, I wished you worked at my school.
    Gray... nice touch. Adds a bit of class to the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks absolutely wonderful. Puts me in the Christmas spirit. I may even start to decorate BEFORE your BD this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your co-workers are so psyched that you started to work there, you know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I worked at YOUR office! Everything looks lovely, and inspired. Good job!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son works at Trader Joe's and keeps on bringing home those durn chocolate star cookies AND I keep eating them! :) Merry Christmas to you and all three floors of folks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE those little birdies. Do you know where I could possibly find a pair? I'm too far away to visit Camas Antiques but they are SO precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tracey! What a sweet setup! I am sure that everyone in the office loves and appreciates your attention to detail! I miss seeing you at the shop! Hope to run into around town one of these days!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure where else you might find the birds...sorry!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tried to email you at info@acottageindustry.com, but the maildeliverysystem keeps responding with "the following recipient failed permanently". Obvious a problem, huh? :) I am planning to do a blog post on my favorite 25 blogs and you are one of them! Could you send me an email address and I will send you a proper letter with what I am needing? You can send your email address to ameekperspective@gmail.com. Sorry for getting in touch with you through a comment...not quite the proper thing to do. Thanks!
    Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely idea! I wish you worked in my office! Everything looks so pretty. I also love those birds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My OCD has gotten the best of me yet again and I feel compelled to point out that's it's Robert Fulghum, not Fulgrum. Yikes. Sorry. *blushy face*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...