Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Peace on Earth.

Isn't it incredible what a little glitter, paper and ribbon can do to turn any room into a festive event?

Along with my reception area,(more on that project to come shortly!) I am helping to decorate the lobby area of our building at work for the holidays. Our company's logo is mainly a deep purple, with lighter lavender and some silver and gold, so we decided we'd go with these colors to mix things up a bit, and I am excited to see it all unfold.

We've got some fabulous ideas, and thanks to good ol' WalMart, we got the giant tree and nearly all of the trimmings for a nice price.

Last night I used my signature old Dictionary pages and printed the letters for a giant banner that will span across the second floor loft area. I'll be adding some glitter and using my pinking sheers, along with framing the pages with a rich shade of purple paper. The finished banner will read "Peace on Earth" and I think it is going to top things off perfectly.. I'll share the lobby area in it's entirety next week.(We will be decorating Monday night after work!) 
In case you're wondering, today I am thankful for having a job where I am encouraged to be creative, and think outside the box. I'm also thankful for my coworker friends that share my enthusiasm.

4 comments:

  1. Yours plans sound lovely. Can't wait to see a picture of the finished product!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to have a place like that to work. I am the only one here that decorates for the holidays in my little office. It would be wonderful to work at a place that encourages their employees to be happy....
    patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds beautiful and what a fun project to have at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your project finished-you know you inspired me for my project this year...
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/knuckstermom/IMAG0885.jpg

    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/knuckstermom/IMAG0898.jpg
    Thank you so much for all the great ideas and sharing your life! Congratulations too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...