Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mo's.

Friday night we took off for the coast to spend the weekend with some visiting family members, and that included a trip to Mo's.
Mo's is known across the entire region for it's off-the-chart, incredible New England style clam chowder. This place is so good that even though it was a rainy, grey afternoon, between lunch and supper time, there was long line wrapping all the way outside of the building, of people just wanting to get a seat and big ol' bowl of Mo's clam chowder. 

I must share here that this was not only my very fist visit to Mo's, but my very first time tasting Clam Chowder. (Shameful, I know)I am happy to report that I thoroughly enjoyed every bite of this thick, rich, cream concoction of clams, and cream, and potatoes, delivered to our table in perfect sourdough bread soup bowls.

Mmmmmm.
I discovered this past weekend that not only am I thankful for good friends and family to spend time exploring new places with, but I am also thankful for comfort foods, like Mo's clam chowder.


9 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to eat, and kudos to you for trying clam chowder for the first time. I'm not a fan of clams, but that soup looked awfully good. Maybe it was the bread bowl...I'm a BIG fan of bread! LOL


    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have NEVER had clam chowder??????
    no wonder you're hooked now - that looks awesome and it's not even from New England :)
    Judi in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are excused for not trying it since you are still bordering a newbie to the NW. Looks like you were in LC and that motel across the parking lot is really dog friendly! Plus down 101 a few miles So.is the best fish & chips at the Surf Rider. So next trip try them out, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mo's is awesome! So glad you had a change to visit and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! I guess we can forgive you for being surprise by what we already know - I NEVER eat clam chowder anyplace but Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Several years ago we spent a week camping at state parks from one end of Oregon to the other. We stopped at several Mo's and I never ordered anything but clam chowder. I wish they had a Mo's in Brookings OR. It would be an added bonus for when we're visiting family there. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! So glad you finally got to eat at Mo's.......it has been a long time favorite in our family.
    Gotta try the Chowder Bowl at Nye Beach in Newport. They have some fantastic fish and chips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always head for Mo's when we are at the Oregon Coast. We were there a week before you were!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, now I am REALLY craving clam chowder!!! Sigh.

    Mo's is pretty good, but I like Dory Cove much better and it's not as crowded (make sure to get the chowder with the cocktail shrimp on top.... heaven).

    I'll have to try all these recommendations for fish and chips. My current favorite are the ones at the Rogue Brewery in Newport.

    Oh yes, and next time you head down, definitely try the Sylvia Beach Hotel in Nye Beach in Newport. It's wonderful! (Be sure to explore the game room in the attic and have dinner at the restaurant, too -- the guests sit at group tables and play games like Two Truths and a Lie. Lovely.) It's owned by the same woman who owns the Rimsky-Korsakoffee House in Portland.

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...